Journey to the Center of the Purse
IFB asked, “What’s in your bag?” Here’s my answer.
1. Lotion. When I’m on the go, I don’t particularly care about the brand. Anything travel-size will do, and I tend to have a little bottle of one brand or another shoved into a corner of every purse. That is how dry my skin is.
2. Hand sanitizer. Washing hands in most public restrooms is ironically dirtier than actually using the restroom. This little bottle comes to my rescue every time.
3. Neutral color cardigan. I get cold easily. If I’m carrying a big enough bag, I always stuff a sweater in there.
4. Wallet. Self explanatory, isn’t it?
5. Hands-free earpiece for my phone. It’s scary that almost everyone in LA is on the phone without one of these while driving.
6. Pen. I keep tossing them into my bags, and yet somehow I find myself without one when I need it. It’s like losing socks in the laundry. Go figure.
7. Lip Balm. I have blogged about the virtues of this particular one here.
8. Lip gloss. I know the label says lip balm, but it looks and performs more like gloss than balm. I rarely use it because I reach for #7 by default, but knowing I have lip gloss if I need it somehow puts me at ease.
9. Scrunchy. Better in my purse than around my wrist.
10. Phone. Because when I use #5 without one, people think I’m crazy.
11. Sunglasses. To look suave in my outfit posts. Oh, and all that sun protection stuff.